Congratulations! You’ve decided to purchase a home. You’ll be joining the ranks of hundreds of families who realize that home ownership offers a number of benefits including building equity, saving for the future, and creating an environment for your family. When you own your own home, your hard-earned dollars contribute to your mortgage. The equity you earn is yours.
Whether you’re looking for your first house, upgrading to a larger home, or even planning a vacation or retirement getaway, you’re on the right track: the tips and advice offered here will help get you started on the road to your new home. On average, I show prospective home buyers seven houses a day. Any more than that, and it’s hard to keep track of everything you’ve seen!
The road to home buying can be full of twists and turns. That’s why it’s important for you to work with a professional, licensed real estate agent. Someone to make sure you find the best possible home at the best possible price.
Ready to get started? Knoxville property search
A few helpful tips I like to suggest to my clients when we are out looking for their dream home:
- Bring a digital camera and begin each series of photos with a close-up of the house number to identify where each group of home photos start and end.
- Take notes of unusual features, colors and design elements.
- Pay attention to the home’s surroundings. What is next door? Do two-story homes tower over your single story?
- Do you like the location? Is it near a park or a power plant?
- Immediately after leaving, rate each home on a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the highest.
Here are a few things I will do to help you choose your next dream home:
- Determine how much mortgage you can afford without being “house poor”
- Send you daily email updates of homes that meet your dream home requirements
- Create a short list of homes for us to visit
- Personally visit homes on your list to help create a short list
- Help you look for strengths, weaknesses and needed repairs in the home
- Compare nearby home prices to complete a fair market value
- Check school districts, nearby shopping, parks, noise level, HOA, restaurants, and other neighborhood amenities
- Find the right mortgage lender, insurance agent and home inspector
- Handle all the legal paperwork for making an offer
- Negotiate the price and accept a final contract
- Assist you in every step of your dream home buying process.
Give me a call if you have any questions and I look forward to helping you find your way home!